SAN ANTONIO -- A dryer malfunction caused a fire at a popular banquet hall near Helotes early Saturday, fire officials said.
Authorities say the fire broke out at Pedrotti’s Ranch Banquet Hall, located in the 13000 block of F.M. 1560 close to 4 a.m. Saturday. The banquet hall is located in the far northwest side of San Antonio.
Overnight workers noticed a fire in the laundry room, but the fire quickly spread and caused damage to other buildings, fire officials said.
No injuries were reported. Damages were estimated to be at least $100,000, authorities said.