SAN ANTONIO - A woman is recovering after she was burned in a house fire on the East Side.
Emergency crews were called to the New Vista Lodge on Norfleet Street, near North Walters, around 1:30 a.m. Thursday. Investigators believe a lit cigarette in the living area of the home sparked the fire.
Several people were inside when the fire started. All of them were able to get out, but one woman suffered burns to her face and hands. She was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) in stable condition.
The fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage to the property.