SAN ANTONIO -- With West Nile-carrying mosquitoes showing up all around the San Antonio area, many people are worried the pests may show up literally in the their own backyard.
Pest control expert Ron Darilek of Home Team Pest Defense explains how you should treat your yard to keep them at bay. CLICK HERE
- Use a mist or a fogger. Ron says they're more effective than the big water drop sprayers.
- Don't forget to clean your gutters, water collects up there
- Mosquitoes live in shady areas, including under leaves. So spraying the top of leaves is not as effective as getting under the leaves and shaking it up. They like shrubbery, flower beds, cool dark places too.
- When applying, wear long sleeve & protect your skin from absorbing the chemicals
- Communicate with your neighbors. Treating your yards at the same time will give better results