SAN MARCOS, Texas -- Texas State University has cancelled an emergency alert after a bomb threat Thursday morning.
Texas State University issued an alert around 10:00 a.m. saying there was a bomb threat at the Admissions Building. Texas State officials said the threat was delivered by email at 7:21 a.m. to a Houston-area admissions counselor who works out of her home. She then alerted her supervisors who in turn alerted the University Police Department.
Officials evacuated the Admissions Building as well as Tower Hall and San Jacinto Hall, which are two residence halls adjacent to the Admissions Building. However, classes continued as scheduled.
Campus officials announced just after noon Thursday the emergency alert had been cancelled and the Tower and San Jacinto residence halls had been reopened. They said the Admissions Building would remain closed Thursday as a precaution.