SAN ANTONIO- You can call it a personal vendetta or a streak of bad luck for a man whose appliance and repair shop burned down last Sunday. Now exactly one week later another one of his appliance shops was broken into.
A 1300 pound steer named Kenmore was taken. He has since been located but that's not the end of the cattle heist.
“What we do typically is some evenings we let him free range around the property, but we have a security fence perimeter around here and we have video surveillance at all times. And we've never had a problem around here,” explained Rudy Madrid, Kenmore’s owner.
Rudy's stroke of bad luck started last Sunday. That’s when his other appliance shop located along 9800 block of Marbach went up in flames. Just days after the fire Rudy realized the copper wiring had been stolen from the building.
In the end, Rudy said it appeared as if Kenmore was too much for the thieves to handle since they cut him loose. Kenmore is safely back home and unharmed. But, as a precautionary measure his owner has hired a security grounds keeper to keep an eye out on Kenmore and the appliance shop.