SAN ANTONIO - A man was seriously burned Monday in South Bexar County, and it all started with a cigarette. It incident happened at a home along Southern Trail, that's near Highway 16 and Loop 1604.
We talked to a neighbor who told us 63-year-old James Brewer, who uses oxygen because of a medical condition, lit a cigarette. He still had his oxygen mask on when he lit up. It blew back into the tube, burned his nose and down into his chest.
Brewer was taken by helicopter to Brooke Army Medical Center with burns to his face and chest. No details have been released about his condition.