SAN ANTONIO - A woman's smoke detector saved her from a fire inside her home, not once, but twice.
Firefighters say the detector went off at her home off Irongate Pass on the Northeast Side. The noise woke the homeowner up, but she didn't see any smoke or fire. She says she changed the battery on her detector, then it went off again. That's when the homeowner noticed smoke in her home.
Firefighters say her house had been struck by lightning during the storms. There was a small fire in her attic, which was quickly put out.
She managed to escape with her dog.
Damage estimates were set at $10,000 to $15,000.