SAN ANTONIO- A homeowner accidentally leaves a pot burning on the stove and it sparks a fire in a Northwest side kitchen. The fire started early Sunday evening along the 4700 block of Timberhill Drive.
The homeowners who are an elderly couple gave their neighbors quite a scare when the home caught fire. The neighbors feared for the couple's lives.
“We smelled smoke and then the neighbors came and let us know. We were concerned because the fire was very close to our house here,” explained Rosario Gomez.
While Rosario was worried about her own home, her thoughts shifted to the well being of her elderly neighbor. Mr. Clamb drove up a short while later. His wife had been at church, so nobody was home.
Their house sustained heavy smoke and fire damage.