SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force made 27 arrests during fugitive roundup.
“Operation Kestrel” targeted approximately 55 fugitives with outstanding felony warrants. Investigators say 27-year-old Luciano Garcia was among those arrested. Garcia, a confirmed member of the Bandido motorcycle gang, was arrested on a felony warrant for allegations involving possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance. Officers found a loaded 9 millimeter handgun inside his home during the arrest.
Another felon, 19-year-old Deanna Tapia was arrested at her home in Hondo after a 2-hour standoff with task force officers. She was wanted on a felony warrant for allegations involving delivery of a controlled substance. Three others were also taken into custody and guns and drugs were found at the scene.
Officials said oOther significant arrests during this operation include:
- John Garcia, 24, confirmed member of the Tango Orejon gang; violation of probation; prior arrest includes assault with bodily injury.
- Darrel Hernandez, 21, indicted on allegations for assault with a deadly weapon; a handgun was seized at the scene.
- Joe Edward Oswalt, 24, confirmed member of the North Side Bloods gang; violation of probation; prior arrest includes burglary of a habitat.
- Sammy Joe Sanchez, 44, violation of probation; prior arrest includes possession of a controlled substance.
- Vinnie Tapia, 14, violation of probation; prior arrest includes possession of a controlled substance.