SAN ANTONIO -- A gas heater may be to blame for a huge house fire on the West Side.
Emergency crews received a call about a fire at the intersection of West Woodlawn and Elmendorf around 5:20 a.m. Wednesday. When firefighters arrived, heavy flames were coming from one corner of the single-story home. Part of the roof collapsed as crews were battling the fire.
Officials said the three men who lived in the home were using a gas heater to warm up their dogs in the garage. They suspect that is how the fire started.
At least one person was treated on scene for smoke inhalation. It's still unclear if all the dogs were accounted for.
The home was completely gutted by the fire. Red Cross is responding to assist the victims.