SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Fire Chief Charles Hood says there's a valuable lesson to take away from Tuesday morning’s fire inside the News 4 San Antonio building.
"This is one of the best illustrations that I've seen, as to what a door can do, " said Chief Hood.
A closed commercial door kept the fire from spreading to the rest of the building. "So potentially this building could have been lost if the person this morning
would have come up and opened this door, " added Chief Hood.
Chief Hood told News 4 WOAI the upstairs door "saved the building basically".
Chief Hood went on to say everyone should sleep with their bedroom door closed, because your door will give you another barrier if there's a fire in another area of
your house. "Keeping a door closed could save your life, could save your property," added Chief Hood.