SAN ANTONIO- A family trying to stay warm ends up catching their home on fire.
The fire started at the home on Club Oaks street near Prue Road and Babcock around 11:45 Wednesday night. Investigators say the family had a fire going when the chimney caught fire. The flames spread into the attic, but everyone was able to get out safely.
The home sustained about $25,000 in damage.
Experts warn if you are starting your fireplace for the first time this season, have your chimney cleaned out to make sure nothing is inside that can cause a fire or send smoke back into your home.