SAN ANTONIO - Firefighters from throughout North Bexar County tackled a house fire early Tuesday.
Fire crews were called to a home off of Oasis Creek around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. A couple who lives inside the home says they heard their smoke alarm going off through a baby monitor in another room. They grabbed their child and escaped the home safely. By then, neighbors sprung into action, grabbing water hoses and dousing the flames in the back of the house.
Firefighters from Hollywood Park, Shavano Park, and Bexar Bulverde came out to put out the rest of the fire. Firefighters say the fire started either in the baby's room or outside the room on a back patio.
Damage estimates are around $60,000. Fire Marshals are investigating what sparked the fire.