SAN ANTONIO - A homeowner is in the hospital with third degree burns, after her mattress caught fire early Monday morning.
The fire started just before 3am at a home off Karen Lane. San Antonio firefighters say a woman was trying to light a candle in bed, when she accidentally dropped a lit match onto her comforter, which then caught fire. Her son was able to rescue her, but firefighters say she was burned on more than 20-percent of her body.
The woman was taken to SAMM-C. The fire caused around 30-thousand dollars in damages.