· Pumpkin Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled)
· Lollipop sticks
· Your favorite toppings (chopped pecans, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, etc.)
Chocolate Shell Mixture
· 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet white chocolate chips
· 1 ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
· 4 tbs. unsalted butter
1. For the chocolate shell mixture: Melt the chocolate with 2 tbs. butter in a microwave or over the stove. Heat on medium heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring occasionally until the butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump free, add the remaining 2 tbs. of butter and stir until melted to working temperature (100’F – 105’F).
- Begin with the seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
- Use small scoop to create round balls in the shape of lollipops.
- Place a lollipop stick in the center of the cheesecake balls.
- “Deeply chill” cheesecake lollipop balls by placing in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
- Remove from freezer. Completely submerge the cheesecake Lollipop in melted chocolate (see above recipe for melted chocolate). Be sure to cover the entire ball keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the lollipop.)
- Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
- Immediately roll them in chopped pecan or candy toppings. Set on a sheet pan.
- Once the slice has been dipped and garnished, return to the freezer to set. After setting, each lollipop can be wrapped in a cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.
- Bon Appétit