Healthy Pesto and Potato Pizza
Potato and Pesto Pizza
4 red potatoes, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
1 batch pizza dough
1/4 cup flour as needed for rolling
1/2 cup pesto
1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried roesmary
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Blanch the potato slices in 2 quarts of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain the slices and allow them to cool slightly before drying them with paper towels.
3. Roll out the pizza dough about 1/2 inch thick into your desired shape and place it onto the lightly floured baking sheet. Spread the pesto onto the dough all the way to the edges and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
4.Lay the potatoes on the pizza, overlapping them slightly in a circular fashion. Bush the potatoes with the olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes (if desired).
5. Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden. Allow the pizza to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Per Serving: Calories: 341 (From Fat 113); Fat 13g (Saturated 2g); Cholesterol 8 mg; Sodium 462 mg; Carbohydrates 47g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 10g
Prep time: 25 min Yield: 1 pizza, 10 servings
One 1/4 ounce package active dry yeast
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/4 cups warm water (about 110 to 120 degrees)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups flour
1. Combine the yeast, honey, and warm water in a large mixer or food processor with a dough attachment.Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to be sure that the yeast is alive (look for bubbles on the surface).2. Add the olive oil and salt and blend for 30 seconds. Begin to slowly add 3 cups of flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing between additions.
3. Allow the mixture to knead in the mixer for 10 minutes, sprinkling flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking to the bowl, until elastic and smooth.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and allow it to rest for 15 minutes under a warm, moist towel. Follow the pizza recipe for baking instructions.
Per serving: (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 4g; Calories 167 (From Fat 28); Fat 3g (Saturated 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 234mg; Carbohydrate 30g2