SAN ANTONIO -- Tax season is just about here, but are you ready for it or do you dread doing them every year?
Starting next Monday, you could get free tax help through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. VITA pairs you up with a volunteer trained by the Internal Revenue Service to help you file all the necessary paperwork. To be elgibile, individuals or families must earn $55,000 or less a year. The programs runs January 28 through April 15 at Palo Alto College, in Concho Hall, Room 102.
Individuals must bring with them:
- driver's license or photo ID
- social security card or Individual Tax Number (ITIN) for person filing, spouse and any dependents
- birth dates for filer, spouse and any dependents
- W2 forms from all employers
- Copy of prior year tax return (if applicable)
- 1099 forms (if applicable)
- total paid for day care provider and the day care provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number)
- If filing jointly, both spouses must be present
To learn more about about the program, CLICK HERE
For a map of the Palo Alto College campus, CLICK HERE
Palo Alto College
1400 W. Villaret Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78224