SAN ANTONIO -- Goodwill, University Health System and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa are teaming up to make preventive health care easy, affordable and rewarding.
They're holding a special event that will feature health screenings and mammograms on Wednesday, June 13th at the Goodwill location on Blanco Road at Loop 410. Participants can enter to win one of two $60 gift cards giveaways.
Health screenings will be offered from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and will include blood pressure, cholesterol, height/weight (body mass index, or BMI) and glucose screenings. The services will be provided by University Health System at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mammograms will be available by appointment only from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. through CHRISTUS Santa Rosa's mobile mammography unit. The screening offers a softer, warmer mammogram with the use of MammoPads, soft, single-use foam breast cushions that can help relieve the discomfort many women feel during a mammogram. Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance will be accepted; financial assistance is available for those who qualify. The following requirements apply:
- Participants must be 40 years of age or older.
- Participants must not have had a mammogram within the past 365 days and have no symptoms (such as lumps or skin changes), no previous breast cancer or mastectomy, implants or pacemakers, and must not be breastfeeding.
- Please wear a two-piece outfit and no deodorant, perfume or lotion.
- Bring a picture ID and insurance card (if applicable), along with a doctor’s order for a mammogram.
- Bring films of your most recent mammogram if applicable.
To schedule a mammogram appointment or for more information, including assistance with getting a doctor’s order, call CHRISTUS Santa Rosa at 210-704-4100 or 210-704-4221.
The screenings are offered through a collaboration between Goodwill and community healthcare partners to make preventive health services affordable and convenient by bringing them to Goodwill retail stores. For more information call 210-924-8581.
WHEN: Wed. June 13: Health screenings from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Mammograms will take place by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
WHERE: Goodwill, 727 NW Loop 410 at Blanco Road, San Antonio