City announces Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday schedule of City services
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 4, 2013) -- City Hall and most municipal offices will be closed on Monday, January 21 to observe the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Other City services will operate as follows:
· Garbage and recyclables will not be collected on Monday, Jan. 21. Collection normally scheduled for Monday will move to Tuesday, Jan. 22. Collection normally scheduled for Tuesday will move to Wednesday, Jan. 23. Wednesday collection will continue as regularly scheduled.
· The Bitters Brush Recycling Center, located on 1800 Bitters Rd., and the Nelson Gardens Recycling Center, located at 8963 Nelson Rd., will be closed.
· Central Library and all branch libraries will be closed.
· Municipal Court, located at 401 S. Frio, will be closed.
· Animal Care Services lobby and adoption center will be closed.
· The Dr. Manuel P. Berriozábal cafécollege will be closed.
· All Community Link Centers will be closed.
· The 3-1-1 Call Center will be operational.
· Downtown visitors will enjoy an on-street parking meter holiday.
· Public safety and emergency services will remain in operation.