SAN ANTONIO-Free Landfill Disposal Day scheduled for July 7
San Antonio residents are invited to participate in the City's quarterly cleanup event, Free Landfill Disposal Day, on Saturday, July 7 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. to dispose of unwanted items with some exceptions (no contractor, commercial, industrial or hazardous waste).
Participants must show a CPS Energy utility bill along with a picture ID to show that they are a City of San Antonio solid waste customer in order to enter the landfills.
Residents are encouraged to remember the three R's (reduce, reuse and recycle) before attending the event by separating out all items that can be reused. Loads in trucks and trailers should be secured and covered to prevent contents from blowing out onto roadways and creating traffic hazards.
The locations taking part in this event are as follows:
*Allied Waste Services Tessman Landfill, 7000 IH-10 East
* WM-Covel Gardens Landfill, 8611 Covel Road
* TDS Starcrest Transfer Station, 11601 Starcrest Road (bulky items only)
* Southside Drop-off Center, Highway 90 and Callaghan
* Directly behind the Household Hazardous Waste Center, 7030 Culebra (bulky items only)
For brush material only, visit the following location:
* Bitters Brush Recycling Center, 1800 Bitters Road
*Nelson Gardens Brush Recycling Center, 8963 Nelson Road
For more information on Free Landfill Disposal Day, call 3-1-1, visit Facebook.com/SASOLIDWASTE or visit the Solid Waste webpage.