SAN ANTONIO -- After the fire was out, other concerns needed to be addressed. Carbon monoxide levels were high. The odorless, poisonous gas filled the building.
News 4's Jacqueline Ortiz suited up and was allowed inside as firefighters measured CO levels.
While walking through offices upstairs, the firefighters' carbon monoxide detectors were beeping, and lots of smoke damage was visible.
Firefighters assessed the situation because carbon monoxide levels are too high.
"These are monitors hooked up to a computer in the HazMat truck," explained SAFD Chief Walter Yates. "We can go down in a room and see what they're picking up."
Chief Yates decided the levels were too high, so windows around the building had to be busted out.