SAN ANTONIO -- Isabel Trevino opened up about her near-death experience after her house was destroyed by a fire.
"I didn't even know I was in a fire," said Trevino.
She was the only one inside the family home when the fire ignited on the 100 block of Kimberly Drive.
"I'm very lucky they were able to bring me back," said Trevino.
Trevino shared the home with her son, daughter and two grandchildren. The grandmother spent several days in a local hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation.
"I'm very happy that they were able to bring me back, " added Trevino.
For the past several weeks the family has been living in a motel. Trevino said an attorney offered to help the family by paying for the motel room, but they could no longer assist in the matter.
Trevino went on to say she doesn't know where her family is going to live. The grandmother is disabled and her family is on a fixed income. She also stated she has a 5-year-old grandson with a heart condition.