SAN ANTONIO - News 4 WOAI and Acadian Ambulance
have teamed up to save lives. We want to do everything possible to bring awareness to the growing danger of 'Texting and Driving'. So take the pledge not to text and drive and when you do, you'll get a thumb band!
News 4 WOAI will be taking the thumb bands and pledge cards on the road to give out at various events throughout the next few months.
Look for News 4 at the following September events to pick up your thumb band & pledge card::
Sept 9: Friday Night Fever @ Boerne Champion
Sept 16: Friday Night Fever @ New Braunfels High School
Sept 23: Friday Night Fever @ Reagan (at Heroes Stadium)
Sept 24: Jazz'SAlive in Travis Park
Sept 25: Jazz'SAlive in Travis Park
Sept 30: Friday Night Fever @ Johnson (at Comalander Stadium)
China Grove National Night Out Against Crime
St. Hedwig National Night Out Against Crime
Windcrest National Night Out Against Crime
Oct 7: Friday Night Fever @ Cornerstone Christian
Oct 14: Friday Night Fever @ Somerset HS
Oct 21: Friday Night Fever @ TMI School
Oct. 22: San Antonio Heart Walk, Brackenridge Park
Oct 28: Friday Night Fever @ Judson HS
Things to keep in mind before and while driving:
- When possible, make calls when your car is not moving.
- Don't make calls in heavy traffic or bad weather.
- Program frequently called numbers into your phone's memory. The less dialing, the better.
- Keep your phone within easy reach.
- Never take notes, write messages, or look up phone numbers while driving. If you must do any of these things, pull over.
- When pulling over to make calls or text, avoid dangerous areas and lock car doors.
- If possible, ask a passenger to make or take a call for you.
- Keep conversations short and don't discuss emotional topics.
- If you must dial while driving, hold the phone at eye level so you can see the road.