SAN ANTONIO -- To drive home the message that texting can wait when your behind the wheel, AT&T brought a simulator to Southside High School to let students experience first-hand the dangers of texting and driving.
The simulator is part of AT&T's Texting & Driving…It Can Wait campaign
to check out the driving simulator.
Since launching the program, AT&T has:
- Created a resource center - offering downloadable educational resources for parents and educators;
- Designed a pledge for our Facebook, Friends & Family and employee pages;
- Integrated anti-texting-while-driving messaging in our more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including device clings for new smartphones;
- Developed "The Last Text" -- a powerful 10-minute documentary featuring real stories of individual lives that have been drastically altered - or even ended - because of texting while driving.
- Announced a four-year commitment toward initiatives that educate the public about the dangers of texting while driving;
- Designed the free AT&T DriveMode® mobile application to help curb texting behind the wheel; and
- Developed a Youth Advisory Panel, made up of students of AT&T employees, to design and administer an ongoing campaign to spread the anti-texting-while-driving message to their peers at their schools throughout the year.