By Jerrod Kingery
, WOAI.com lunch professional, and Steve Sanchez of Lanier High School in San Antonio, TX
SAN ANTONIO - With CyberBob
off on a road trip through Dixie, Jerrod Kingery and special guest Steve Sanchez were left to tell the tale of their trip to Gallo Pizzeria, deep in the heart of San Antonio's REAL west side.
Ten things we learned:
1. Anything north of Highway 90 (or perhaps Marbach) is NOT the west side.
2. Gallo Pizzeria was once The Ritz Drive-In...like a thousand years ago.
3. Don't ask what the man in the painting does for a living. Just nod politely in his direction.
4. CyberBob had no idea that "gallo" meant "rooster." He's from Ohio.
5. Gallo Pizzeria is in no way affiliated with controversial writer/director/actor Vincent Gallo
6. Gallo Pizzeria owner Mack McMillan was reading Ayn Rand in the fourth grade. That earned him a hearty handshake from CyberBob.
7. Our special guest this week, Steve Sanchez, has watched every single episode of Adventure Lunch. My mom
hasn't even done that.
8. In spite of what "The Simpsons" would have you believe, eating ghost peppers won't cause you to hallucinate a coyote voiced by the late Johnny Cash.
9. If you have something Mack needs, he may just trade you a stuffed crust pizza for it.
10. For some reason, there is a vintage white piano outside the restroom. Maybe so you can tinkle before you tinkle?Gallo Pizzeria
164 Castroville Road
San Antonio, TX 78207
Having trouble viewing this video? Try watching it on YouTube...